Babisnauer poplar [Municipality Kreischa],  natural monument, lookout point and a destination before the gates of Dresden, 329 m high. In 1808 the Babisnauer landowner Johann Gottlieb Becke planted a black poplar as marking of the border between Babisnau (today local part of Kreischa) and Golberode (today local part of Bannewitz). In 1884 the tree was bought by the mountain association Saxonian Switzerland, in order to save it from being cut down, since 1885 exists a several times converted prospect platform.

The balck poplar, which can be seen from Dresden was placed under nature protection in 1937. A thunderstorm destroyed in 1967 approximately a third of the crown. In 1994/96 the poplar and property was acquired by the national association "Saxonian preservation of regional tradition"

Badergasse,  see Wilsdruffer Straße
Bahnhöfe
Bahnhof Dresden-Mitte,  stop on the road Könneritzstraße, important rapid-transit railway station between the main station Hauptbahnhof and the station Bahnhof Dresden-Neustadt.

Built as station Wettiner Bahnhof with dome-resounds, it was already opened provisionally on the 1st August 1896 for the transit traffic. The in 1945 destroyed dome construction was cleared away in the postwar years, only 2 stone columns still remind of the heyday of this third biggest Dresden station. Since 2001 comprehensive reorganization however without the hall roof, under the course bridges reorganization of a transfer stop to bus and tram in the course of the pilot line 2.

Bahnhof Dresden-Neustadt,  second most important station of the city, was established as the last of the 3 stations in 1898-1901 by Osmar Dürichen and building advicer Peter as replacement for the stations Schlesischer Bahnhof and the Leipziger Bahnhof. The central ship has a span of 35 m, the reception building possesses beautiful art nouveau paintings, which were recently restored.
Ballhaus Watzke,  in 1898/99 established entertainment etablissement by Benno Huebel and G. Noack in Mickten, opposite the Elbe-Center which belongs already to Pieschen.

The ball house Watzke was in the first third of the 20th century one of more than 150 entertainment places, which there were in the heyday of the ball house culture in Dresden. Typical style elements were at least one hall with a concert shell and the gallery resting on cast-iron columns. The building was used in the GDR purpose-alienated, comprehensively reconstructed after the Change. The reopening of the house with a brewery restaurant (own beer specialities) took place in 1996. From the beer garden one has a free view over the river Elbe to the Ostragehege.

2005 opened the restaurant "Watzke brewery bar" directly at the Hauptstraße (main street) beside the golden rider.

Barbakane,  ein dem Tor einer mittelalterlichen Burg oder Stadtmauer vorgelagertes Verteidigungswerk.

In Dresden befand sich ein derartiges Bauwerk vor dem mittelalterlichen Frauentor auf dem Gelände des heutigen Neumarktes. Mitte des 16.Jh. wurde die vor diesem Tor liegende Vorstadt um die damalige romanische Frauenkirche in den neuen Befestigungsring und damit in die Stadt einbezogen. Dabei wurden die Barbakane und die mittelalterliche Stadtmauer abgetragen. Deren Reste wurden bei den Grabungen zur Neumarkt-Tiefgarage freigelegt, konnten aber schlecht in diese integriert werden. Nur ein kleiner Teil blieb erhalten und kann dort besichtigt werden.

Barbarossaplatz,  round place in Striesen with 5 roads going off in the midst of the cube houses ("coffee mill houses"), typical for this quarter, until 1945 tram junction (!).
Bärenschänke,  a in 1945 destroyed well-known beyond city boundaries restaurant complex between the lanes Zahns- and Webergasse. To the Bärenschänke belonged the "Bräustüb┤l", the "Bierschänke", "Jagdhalle" and further premises as well as its own Butcher.

In 2000-2002 a restaurant/barkeeper tried to revive the tradition in the again reorganized market hall "Neustädter Markthalle", he failed however after short time.

Baroque garden Großsedlitz [City of Heidenau],  baroque garden plant in the quarter of the same name, under count A. Chr. von Wackerbarth started in 1719 after plans of J. C Knöffel, today a destination in the southeast of Dresden. From the Galeriecafé in the upper orangerie and from the restaurant in the Friedrich castle one has a marvelous view of the garden.
Baroque castle Rammenau
see Sachsen-Lexikon, Barockschloss Rammenau
Bastei [Saxon Switzerland],  a 200 m high rising rock which ranks among the most beautiful natural lookout points of Europe. The Bastei is one of the most important trip goals in the environment of Dresden.

Directly on the rock massif on a hight of 194 m lies, above the river Elbe, the traditional "Mountain hotel & panorama restaurant Bastei". ().

Baumwiese,  tourist café at the border to Boxdorf, belongs today to the municipality of Moritzburg. Starting point (bus 80) for migrations in the heath Junge Heide or into the Lößnitz.
Bautzner Landstraße,  continuation of the road Bautzner Straße(B6) by the quarters Weißer Hirsch and Bühlau, well-known buildings from earlier heydays were "Lahmanns sanatorium" (after use as Soviet military hospital since 1990 in absolutely desolate condition), "Park hotel" (in relatively good condition, various partial uses ) and "Zum Schwarzen Adler" (likewise complete desolation since 1990).

In contrast to it the larger part of the residential zone (mostly urban villas) is since the Change lovingly reconstructed. Worth seeing is also the new quarter center at the Weißer Hirsch, a mixture of reorganized building with modern parts, glass extension.

Bautzner Straße,  arterial road (B6) from the square Albertplatz towards Bühlau, starting from Weißer Hirsch called Bautzner Landstraße. In the lower range animated business route at the border of the Inner and Outer New Town, separates the land development according to the current quarter arrangement, historically seen lies however outside of the historical city walls.

Worth seeing here is the mansion Grützner-Villa, the Pfunds Molkerei dairy and the church of the hospital "Diakonissenkrankenhaus".

Within the range of the suburb called Radeberger Vorstadt landoutward on the left of beautiful urban villas, on the right of generous palaces and Vorwerke also the theatre "Kleine Szene" and the Marcolinis Vorwerk (1856) with a distinguished restaurant. On half distance to the suburb Radeberger Vorstadt stands raised the Waldschlößchenbrauerei,, today a restaurant brewery with terrace and wonderful view over the Elbe valley to the old part of town. Landout can the area of the earlier GDR Secret service be seenon (synonym "Bautzer road"), today among other things used as a discotheque. At the Bautzner road is also the approach road to the castles Albrechtsschlösser.

Begerburg in 1852-54 the squire of Dölzschen named Berger built a mansion in neo-romanic style high above the valley Plauenscher Grund which is today a well-known landmark. Today it accommodates a pension.
Bellevue,  see Hotel "Bellevue"
Belvedere,  a building established in 1842 by Otto of Wolframsdorf at the north east corner of the Brühl terrace and in the Second World War destroyed. Before this so-called fourth Belvedere, a "posh restaurant" there were three predecessing buildings by Nosseni (1590 FF), Knöffel (1749-51) and Schuricht (1814) with concert and festival rooms. After current conceptions a modern fifth Belvedere is to be established in the next years.
Bergbahnen
see Standseilbahn (Funicular) and Schwebebahn (cable car)
Beyer-Bau 1913 von Martin Dülfer als seinerzeit repräsentativer Neubau für die Bauingenieur-Abteilung der damaligen TH errichtet. Die Klinkerfassade besticht u.a. durch ornamentartig herausragende Ziegel, Dachform und Erker sind dem nordeutschen Landhausbau entlehnt. Der markante Turm mit dem Observatorium ist zum Wahrzeichen der heutigen TU geworden.
Bienert-Weg Spazierweg entlang der Weißeritz am Beginn des Plauenschen Grundes. Der nach Gottlieb Traugott Bienert benannte Weg beginnt an der Hofmühle in Plauen und endet nach Querung des Flusses über die Hegereiterbrücke am Felsenkeller. Der Weg verläuft auf der ehemaligen Dresdner Straße, auf der ursprünglich auch die Straßenbahn nach Potschappel fuhr. Straße und Bahn wurden 1921 auf die andere Seite der Weißeritz verlegt. Seither verfiel die Trasse und wurde erst 2007 nach umfassender Sanierung als Wanderweg wieder zugängig gemacht.
Bienertmühle,  colloquial name for Hofmühle in Plauen
Bienertpark,  Mehrere Parkanlagen in Dölzschen und Plauen gehen auf die Familie Bienert zurück und tragen teils offziell bzw. inoffiziell deren Namen. Die in der Bevölkerung verwendeten Bezeichnungen großer und kleiner Bienertpark sind allerdings weder offiziell noch den Anlagen fest zugeordnet.

1. Bienertpark in Dölzschen, öffenliche Parkanlage

2. Park an der Bienertvilla hinter der gleichnamigen Mühle, nur teilweise öffentlich zugängig, Sanierung im Zuge des Weißeritzwanderweges bis zur Hegereiterbrücke

3. eine kleine Parkanlage an der Ecke Würzburger/Bernhardstr.

4. "Anlage am Hohen Stein", naturparkartiges Gelände zwischen Schulsternwarte und Aussichtsturm

Biergärten,  see stops >> beergardens
Bilz-Sanatorium [Stadt Radebeul, Eduard-Bilz-Str. 53], 
von Eduard Bilz, der sich als Autor von Büchern und Zeitschriften zur Gesundheitserlangung und -pflege einen Namen gemacht hatte, gegründet. Zuerst kaufte er 1890 das Strubellsche Anwesen, einen Weinberg mit Villa. Dieses Grundstück bildete das Zentrum der Heilanstalt, die 1898 mit dem Ankauf des in der Nähe liegenden Grundstücks, dem "Jägerberg", eine erste Erweiterung erfuhr.

Das eigentliche Sanatorium zeigt sich als dreigeschossiger Bau mit Turm. Die in jeder Etage vorhandenen Loggien dienten dem Sonnenbad der Kurgäste. Als Architekten des 1894/95 errichteten Gebäudes sind die Brüder Ziller anzunehmen. Bald nach der Eröffnung der Heilanstalt mußte E. Bilz verschiedene Um- und Neubauten vornehmen, da die Räumlichkeiten dem Andrang nicht gerecht wurden. Weiterhin entstanden sogenannte "Luft-, Bad-, Sonnen- und Eishütten", Schwimmbecken, eine Kegelbahn und eine Kneippanlage.

Nach langen Jahren des Verfalls wurden bis Ende 2007 in dem denkmalgeschützem Gebäude Luxuswohnungen errichtet.

Bischofsweg (Bishop way),  animated road course at the northern edge of the Outer New Town, in the Middle Ages part of the connection roads between Meißen - Stolpen of the bishops of Meißen under evasion of Dresden. In the north east range lies the large park plant of the square Alaunplatzes, opposite closed and to a large extent reorganized land development of the period of promoterism.
Bismarck tower in 1904 by William Kreis established Bismarck memorial column in Räcknitz, in the GDR renamed in "Peace tower". In former times accessible, today unfortunately course-bricks.

Am 10.09.2004 wurde der Startschuss für die Sanierung der Bismarcksäule als dritter Aussichtsturm auf der Dresdner Südhöhe gegeben. Die Sanierung erfolgte als Gemeinschaftswerk von Stadt, Gewerbetreibenden, Studenten und Bürgern Dresdens (u.a. vom Verein Bismarckturm e.V. ) und konnte im Sommer 2008 abgeschlossen werden. Die Übergabe erfolgte am 30.08.2008 im Rahmen eines kleinen Turmfestes.

Panoramic views north to city center

Durch Mausbewegung im Bild können Sie den Ausschnitt in die betreffende Himmelsrichtung verschieben! Ausgangsposition

This column is not to be confounded with the Fichteturm in Plauen, which carried the name Bismarck tower as far as 1954.

Beside these two objects two further small Bismarck towers exists in Cossebaude and in Oberlößnitz (district of Radebeul).

Blaschka house,  house of the glass artists Leopold and Rudolf Blaschka in Hosterwitz, in the family estate until 1947. Until a few years ago in a desolate condition, it was comprehensively reorganized by the new owners. A promotion association dedicates itself to the re-discovered cultural heritage of the Blaschkas.
A promotion association dedicates itself to the re-discovered cultural heritage of the Blaschkas. ().
Blasewitz see Special Page Blasewitz
Blaues Wunder / Blue Wonder),  actually Loschwitz bridge, connects the Schillerplatz in Blasewitz (left side of the river Elbe) with the Körnerplatz in Loschwitz.

The steel framework construction was built in 1891-93 by Claus Koepcke and Hans Manfred Krueger as one of the first currentcolumn-free bridges. Their overall length amounts to 260 m, the span between the two bank columns to 141.5 m. The initially green painting discoloured after a short time to blue, to which the popular name "blue wonder" refers. In 1935 the roadway was widened and lateral footpaths added. The breakup of the bridge in 1945 by German troops could be prevented by courageous Dresden citizens. From 1893 to 1986 a tram line operated towards Pillnitz across the bridge, for a long time it was the line number 18, later the line number 4 , which had to be closed for trams and limited for heavy traffic.

Blockhaus / Blockhouse,  named also Neustädter Wache (Neustaedter guard) is a baroque building at the Neustädter Markt, built in 1732-39 after plans by Zacharias Longuelune. The cubic building is at the west side of the bridgehead of the Augustus bridge, on the eastern side (where later the "Narrenhäuschen" stood) was originally a counterpart in pyramid form planned although never carried out. Around 1900 one replaced the baroque roof by a further projectile and a salient giebel. Up to the end of the 1st World war the building served as guard and war Ministry.

The in 1945 destroyed blockhouse was rebuilt in 1978-82 after plans by Manfred Arlt with the baroque roof form and served up to the Change as "house of the German-Soviet friendship", in the upper floor was a popular restaurant. The gable, which became dispensable during the reconstruction, decorates today the back of the Neustaedter market hall. The building, which now belongs to the Free State has at present no specific use, development plans to turn it into a Casino were not carried out.

Blüherpark,  park plant between the meadow Bürgerwiese and the park Großer Garten and part of the closed green course.

(Until 1945 the palace of the Sekundogenitur (palaces of the prince Johann George, also palace of the Chevalier de Saxe) stood here.)

1764 kauft Prinz Johann Georg ein Grundstück vor den Toren Dresdens und lässt einen barockem Garten sowie eine Sekundogenitur (Palais des Prinzen Johann Georg, auch Palais des Chevalier de Saxe) anlegen. 1927-30 baut Wilhelm Kreis das Hygiene-Museum auf dem städtebaulich sensiblen Gelände.

Seit 1930 Volkspark, erhält er 1931 seinen jetzigen Namen. 1950 beginnt die Wiederherstellung des Parks, 1953 entsteht auf der Fläche des ehemaligen Palaisgartens ein Heilpflanzengarten.

Bogenschütze (the archer),  the in 1902 created bronze plastic by Ernst Moritz Geyger is at the banks of the river Elbe on the side of the New Town near the bridge Albertbücke.
Bombing of Dresden,  siehe Special Page 13. February 1945
Bonhoefferplatz bemerkenswerter Schmuckplatz in Löbtau mit schönen Spielmöglichkeiten und Grünanlagen, hieß von 1891-1956 nach einem Minister Nostitz-Wallwitz-Platz, ab 1956 Clara-Zetkin-Platz. Während die anschließende Clara-Zetkin-Straße ihren Namen behielt, wurde der Platz 1993 in Bonhoefferplatz umbenannt. Auf dem Platz befindet sich eine Büste von Clara Zetkin.
Borsberg,  mountain above the Pillnitzer vineyard and local part of the locality Schönfeld-Weißig, traditional tourist cafe. < script>Bild("b","../Fotos/Borsberg.jpg","View from
Heidenau-Gommern
to the Borsberg","Borsberg","re")
Borsberg siehe Sondertafel Ortschaft Schoenfeld-Weissig
Borsbergstraße,  traditional shopping street in Striesen with regional meaning for Dresden, was supplemented recently with a Kaufland-shopping centre and revalued concerning the footpath ranges.

Der mittlere Teil entstand 1957/58 nach Plänen von u.a. Wolfgang Hänsch und ist eine der wenigen positiven städte-baulichen Leistungen jener Zeit.
Trotz der erstmaligen Anwendung von sog. Großblöcken ist eine ansprechende Gestaltung gelungen, die nach der erfolgten Sanierung wieder voll zur Geltung gelangt. Dazu tragen u.a. das am SO-Ende stehende Appartementhaus, zwei abgewinkelte Ecklösungen mit platzartigen Erweiterungen sowie farbig abgesetzte Putzmuster bei.

Botanischer Garten,  located in the north west part of the park Großer Garten, since 1949 belongs to the Technical University of Dresden. Greenhouses worth seeing among other things with cactus' (particularly at the bloom time of the "Queen of the night") and exterior installations. In the west the new Gläserne Manufaktur of VOLKSWAGEN borders to the area.

Die Gründung des Botanischen Gartens geht auf das Jahr 1820 zurück. Ursprünglich zwischen Pirnaischem Platz und Elbufer angesiedelt, wurde der Botanische Garten 1893 an seinen heutigen Standort verlegt. Im Februar 1945 verursachten Bombenangriffe schwere Zerstörungen, die u.a. zum Abriss der historischen Gewächshäuser führten.

Boxdorf [Kreis Meißen],  Ortsteil der Gemeinde Moritzburg am nordwestlichen Stadtrand von Dresden. Boxdorf wurde erstmals 1242 als Bokoisdorph erwähnt. Der Ort ist ein Straßenangerdorf und wurde 1994 zunächst nach Reichenberg, mit diesem Ort 1999 nach Moritzburg eingemeindet. In Boxdorf liegt die bekannte Ausflugsgaststätte Baumwiese.

Die durch Boxdorf führenden Dresdner Stadtbuslinien verbinden den Ort in beide Richtungen mit Stadtteilen der Landeshauptstadt, südlich mit Trachau und Pieschen, nordöstlich mit Rähnitz, Wilschdorf und Klotzsche.

Böhmische Straße,  narrow lane in the midst of the colourfull Outer New Town between the road Alaunstraße and the square Martin-Luther-Platz, east of the road Rothenburger Straße are some scene restaurants, amongst others the cult tavern "Raskolnikow".
Böhmischer Bahnhof (former station),  see Hauptbahnhof / Central Station
Brabschütz see Special Page Ortschaft Mobschatz
Bramschtunnel,  Road tunnel in Löbtau-North in the course of the socaled Gorbitzer north tangent, which is the connection of the city centre to the motorway A17 in Gompitz. The tunnel connects the road Coventrystraße with the Froebelstraße, where the traffic course crosses the so called West tangent. Contrary to GDR planning a period of promoterism quarter located obove it could be preserved to a large extent by the tunnel solution. The approximately 660 long tunnel with its two 2-lane tubes per driving direction was completed prematurely after a approximately 3-year construction period on the 30th Nov 2002.
Brauhaus am Waldschlösschen traditionelles Restaurant mit Erlebnisbrauerei und großem Biergarten am Rande der Radeberger Vorstadt. Namensgeber ist das nahe gelegene kleine Jagdhaus Waldschlösschen (1), welches neben der Brauerei auch dem ganzen Areal seinen Namen gab.

Die 1836 von Dresdner Bürgern gegründete "Societätsbrauerei zum Waldschlösschen" war die erste deutsche Aktienbrauerei. 1866 erfolgte die Eröffnung des Brauereiausschankes am Postplatz als "Stadtwaldschlösschen".

1941/45 zur Hälfte zerstört, nahm die verstaatlichte Brauerei bereits 1945 ihren Betrieb wieder auf und firmierte ab 1948 als VEB Waldschlösschen-Brauerei, zuletzt als Werk Nord des volkseigenen Getränkekombinates. Sie wurde 1981 geschlossen.

1994/97 erfolgte der Wiederauf- und Umbau des gesamten Waldschlösschenareals. Das kriegszerstörte markante Hauptgebäude beherbergt seitdem eine beliebte Gaststätte mit einem ebenso beliebten Biergarten. Das "Brauhaus am Waldschlösschen" wurde nach Betreiberwechsel und erneuter Renovierung am 25.02.2005 wieder eröffnet.

Vom Biergarten hat man eine hervorragende Sicht auf die Elbe und die rund 3 km entfernte Innere Altstadt, im Garten selbst steht ein 5 m hoher 7-etagiger beleuchteter Bronzebrunnen mit exotischen Vögeln.

Bremer Straße,  Road course through the trade area of the western Friedrichstadt, today above all autohouses and building firms, at night it is a so called preparation road for the "horizontal trade".
Briesnitzer Kirche eine der ältesten Kirchen im Elbtal, entstand nahe dem 1071 erstmals genannten Burgwart und wurde 1273 selbst erstmalig als spätgotischer Bruchsteinbau mit trutzigem Turm erwähnt.
Umbauten erfolgten 1474, 1602 (Renaissance) und 1881/82 (durch Gotthilf Ludwig Möckel, u.a. neuer heute Briesnitz prägender neogotisch. Turm mit Spitzhelm u. 4 Ecktürmen).

Trotzdem besitzt die Kirche auch heute noch etliche Zeugnisse früherer Zeiten, so Reste an gotischer Wandmalerei und Buntglasfenster aus dem 15.Jh.

British Hotel, Landhausstraße 6,  entstand 1715 bis 1717 vermutlich nach Plänen von George Bähr und George Haase. Das 1945 zerstörte Gebäude gilt als einer der Leitbauten am Neumarkt.

Zusammen mit dem ebenfalls im Krieg vernichteten Palais de Saxe an der Moritzstraße, dessen Aufbau wegen der direkt angrenzenden Nachkriegsbebauung vorerst nicht möglich ist, bildete es das Beichlingsche Palais. Das Grundstück beider Gebäude schließt sich direkt an das heutige Hotel de Saxe an.

Wiederaufbau British Hotel
Die Schweizer Aktiengesellschaft Hapimag plant den Wiederaufbau des British Hotels als gehobene Ferienwohnanlage. Dabei sollen auch die noch vorhandenen Keller an der Landhausstraße einbezogen werden, allerdings ohne Schließen der teilweise zerstörten und nun offenen historischen Gewölbedecken. Die Fassaden der Seiten- und des rückwärtigen Flügels werden in eher moderner Formensprache errichtet, für die Straßenfront stehen genügend geborgene Details des Originalgebäudess für eine Rekonstruktion zur Verfügung.

Brücke Niederwartha,  verbindet Radebeul-Naundorf und Dresden-Niederwartha und führt die Staatsstraße S84 von Meißen über die Elbe an die Anschlussstelle Dresden-Altstadt der A4. Sie hat eine Länge 367 m, eine Stützweite von ca. 190 m und wird durch einen hohen Pylon gehalten. Auf dem 12,5 m breiten Bauwerk ist Platz für 2 Fahrbahnen, Rad- und Fußweg. Die Fertigstellung ist für III/2008 geplant.
Bridges,  see

  • Elbe river bridges inclusively motorway bridge A4
  • bridges in the course of the new motorway A17
  • high routes Budapester Straße und Löbtauer Brücke
  • Railway crossings Nossener Brücke und Waltherstraßenbrücke
  • various smaller bridges over the Weißeritz and the Lockwitzbach
  • Brückenmännchen,  die Sandsteinreliefplastik am Altstädter Landpfeiler der Augustusbrücke soll den Erbauer der ersten steinernen Elbbrücke, den italienischen Brückenbaumeister Matthäus Facius, darstellen.

    Die erste Plastik wurde bei der Sprengung 1813 zerstört und 1820 durch eine von Christian Gottlieb Kühn geschaffene Nachbildung ersetzt. Diese wurde 1907/10 an den Neubau der Brücke übernommen und 1967 restauriert.

    Die Figur ist Namensgeber einer Veranstaltungsreihe des Dresdner Kulturpalastes: das "Brückenmännchen lädt ein".

    Brühl-Marcolini-Palais,  see hospital Krankenhaus Friedrichstadt
    Brühlsche Terrasse (Brühl terrace),  balcony of Dresden, part of the former fortress wall to the Elbe, which was originally enough to to the bottom of the wall. Established as fortification in 1546-51, which became redundant because of the changing military equipment, count Heinrich von Brühl kept the area given by cure prince Friedrich August 2nd. He built a first Belvedere, a palace, a library and a picture gallery, all replaced by other buildings before 1945.

    The in 1945, at the time of the destruction existing condition was re-established according to detail. From West to East are the following buildings: Class house (Ständehaus), Sekundogenitur (today part of a hotel complex), academy of arts (Kunstakademie, Albertinum) with the Galerie Neue MeisterGallery New Masters, the Münzkabinett and the Green Vaults Grünes Gewölbe as well as the old Court market garden (Hofgärtnerei). Only the place of the not re-established fourth Belvedere is free and after current conceptions will be re-built in modern form in the next years. On the Brühlscher Terrasse are among other things the Semperdenkmal by Johannes Schilling and the Rietschel monument as well as at the north east external angle the Moritzmonument, Dresden's oldest monument

    Sieben-Bastionen-Plastik
    in Höhe Münzgasse weisen eine Erdkugel sowie Bodenmarkierungen und Sprüche auf den Erlass Augusts des Starken von 1721 hin, die sieben Bastionen der Residenzstadt Dresden nach Sonne, Mond und fünf Planeten zu benennen:

    Sol (Sonne)Ich wirke, ohne zu reden
    Luna (Mond)Was kümmert's, wenn mich Hunde anbellen
    SaturnDie Ernte des Weisen dauert das ganze Jahr
    MerkurEin schlechter Handel, wo niemand gewinnt
    JupiterDie Götter geben ihre Güter keinem Faulen
    MarsKrieg verzehrt, was Friede beschert
    VenusLiebe herrscht ohne Gesetz

    Der "Dresdner Verein Brühlsche Terrasse e.V." () widmet sich der Erforschung und Pflege der Festungsanlagen, insbesondere der Brühlschen Terrasse, und macht diese der Öffentlichkeit zugängig.

    Brühl garden,  park plant in the eastern part of the Brühl Terrasse, developed from the former Court market garden (Hofgärtnerei, the building of the same name belongs today to the reformed church and accommodates an old people's home), dolphin well (parts from 1749 by Pierre Coudray) and some sculptures still originate from the garden time.
    Brunnen,  see special Page fountains
    Buchmuseum kleines Museum in der Sächsischen Landesbibliothek-Staats-und Universitätsbibliothek (SLUB). Zu den wichtigsten Exponaten gehören ein Skizzenbuch von Albrecht Dürer sowie Vorlesungsmanuskripte Martin Luthers. Das bedeutendste Objekt ist eine Maya-Handschrift aus dem 13. Jahrhundert. Hiervon gibt es weltweit nur drei Exemplare.
    Budapester Straße die 1969 nach ihrer Fertigstellung so benannte Straße entstand als neuer 4-spuriger Verkehrszug vom Dippoldiswalder Platz zur Nossener Brücke. Sie ist im mittleren Teil über die Bahnanlagen vor dem Hauptbahnhof die einzige Hochstraße in Dresden.

    Die Budapester Straße verläuft innerhalb vom 26er-Ring etwa auf der früheren Kleinen Plauenschen Gasse, außerhalb übernahm sie den nördlichen Teil der Chemnitzer Straße.

    Bunte Republik Neustadt, Multicolored Republic of the New Town,  one of the annual festivals taking place. he BRN has, due to its roots, an alternative Flair, is however also increasingly frequented by so called Stinos (fam. for "stink-normal" citizens). Unfortunately there are regularly excesses in the night hours through so called riot tourist. In 2002 no centralised organizer could be found, therefore the BRN consisted of a multiplicity of single meetings.
    Emphasis forms the road cross of Alaunstraße and Louisenstraße, the places Alaunplatz and Martin-Luther-Platz as well as the road Böhmische Straße.

    Schwerpunkte bilden das Straßenkreuz von Alaun- und Louisenstraße, der Alaun- und der Martin-Luther-Platz sowie die Böhmische Straße.

    2005 blieb das Fest während des offiziellen Programms "sonnig, ruhig und entspannt", rund 130.000 kamen zum Fest.
    In der Nacht zum Sonntag kam es trotzdem zu Randalen,
    "doch die meisten Besucher blieben davon völlig ungerührt.
    Dem Mob fehlte stundenlang schlicht das Publikum".

    Burg Stolpen [City of Stolpen],  in the 12th century developed as a border fortress, the place of excursions is raised between the Elbsandsteingebirge and Lausitz on a 35 m high basalt crest. Over 300 years it was in the possession of the bishops of Meißen, later in possession of the elector. The buildings are of native basalt, also sandstone as building material was later used. In elector's time the castle predominantly served as prison. The Countess of Cosel, the most important mistress of the elector prince August the Strong, was held from 1716 to 1765 on castle Stolpen. In 1813 several buildings were blown up by napoleonian troops.

    Today the castle is a historical museum with various inspection possibilities such as Court yards, weapon collection, stables, torture chamber, Coseltower, Siebenspitzen tower, dungeons and the 82 m deep wells driven in basalt.

    Worth seeing is also the town of the same name with its close lanes, which is located at the foot of the castle.

    Burgstädtel see Spacial Page Omsewitz
    Bus routes, City bus

    zum vollständigen Stadtbus-Netzplan

    Busmannkapelle

    1400 von Lorenz Busmann gestiftete Kapelle an der Südseite der 1945 zerstörten Sophienkirche, in der er auch selbst beigesetzt wurde.

    Die Kapelle mit früher sechsteiligem Sterngewölbe soll in moderner Form wiedererstehen und als Gedenkstätte an die zerstörte Kirche erinnern. Die tragenden Säulen wurden 2009 bereits aufgestellt.

    Bühlau siehe Sondertafel Bühlau
    Bürgerwiese (citizen's meadow),  park plant, which connects the historical old part of town (Altstadt), outgoing from the place Georgplatz with the park Großer Garten. Parts established already in 1469. Between 1843 and 1850, the gardener Carl Adolf Terscheck created on the inside Bürgerwiese called an artistic terrain park with a rich sculptural decoration. The area was transformed 1858/63 by Peter Joseph Lenné while expanding eastward.

    In the park are among other things the Mozart monument (1907 by Hermann Hosaeus), the Nymphenbrunnen (1908 by Bruno Fischer) and the plastics of "two mothers" (1899/1902 by Heinrich Epler), a part of the plant is added to the Großen Garten due to the spatially separating and very busy Lennéstraße. At the stop there is a memorial stone.