Taschenbergpalais,  was built in 1705-08 by Daniel Pöppelmann and Johann Friedrich Karcher as residence for the Duchess of Cosel and was extended in 1756-65 by Julius Heinrich Schwarz and Christian Friedrich Exner by more wings and the Court yard. In the 19th Century there were more changes on the building, for example the hipped roof was replaced by a flat roof. Im Taschenbergpalais befand sich die Kapelle "Zum Heiligen Kreuz", Hauskapelle des Kronprinzenpaares und ein Meisterwerk des Dresdner Rokoko. After the destruction in 1945 only a few walls were left of the once glorious building.

Rebuilt in 1993-95 as the luxury hotel Kempinski Hotel Taschenbergpalais it got its original hipped roof back and the westwing was enlarged. There are restaurants and bars in the partially preserved vaults and some Cafés.

Technical Collection umfangreiche Dauerausstellungen zur Geschichte der Näh-, Schreib- und Rechentechnik sowie zu physikalischen Versuchen aus Mechanik, Optik, Elektrotechnik und Akustik im Gebäude der früheren Ernemannwerke. Vom architektonisch interessanten Ernemannturm hat man eine herausragende Sicht auf Striesen und die Elbhänge. Bild("e","../Fotos/Ernemann.jpg","","Technische-Sammlungen","mx") Bild("e","../Fotos/Technisches-Museum.jpg","
Technical Collection:
Collection of type writers","Technische-Sammlungen","sx") Bild("e","u","Heinrich Ernemann","Technische-Sammlungen","we")
Technical University,  shortly called TU goes back to 1828 when it was founded by Gotthilf Lohrmann on the Brühlsche Terrasse and called Technische Bildungsanstalt.

It developped into a Politechnicum and in 1890 the Technical acadamy called Technische Hochschule (TH), which tranformed in 1961 to the Technical University called Technische Universität. The old main buildings were destroyed in 1945 near the Friedrich-List-place and on its place the Academy of traffic (systems) was built in 1954/60 die Hochschule für Verkehrswesen, which transformed into the Hochschule für Technik und Wirtschaft (Academy for Sience and Technic).

The damage between George-Bähr-Straße and Mommsentraße was cleared very quickly after the war and the ground of the University were extended down the Nöthnitzer Straße and along the Zellescher Weg.

Most significant buildings are the Zeunerbau (1900-05 by Karl Weißbach) , the Beyer-Bau (1910-13), the Fritz-Foerster-Bau (1917-26, both by Martin Dülfer), the Georg-Schumann-Bau (former Courthouse), 1902-07, re-constructed in 1957-61), the Barkhausen-Bau (1951-54 by Karl-Wilhelm Ochs), the Willersbau (with the astronomical clock), the Neue Mensa (1974-78 by Ulf Zimmermann) and the "Neue Hörsaalgebäude" (lecture hall, approx. 1997).

Ein 2006 eröffnetes Gebäude am Zelleschen Weg vereint alle 4 Biologie-Institute, die Fakultät Informatik bezog 2007 einen sehenswerten Neubau an der Nöthnitzer Straße.

In addition to the contiguous campus include the University Hospital and other complexes primarily in Johannstadt and the Department of Forestry in Tharandt to the TU.

A current problem is the B170, the mainroad to Prag and a part of the access to the motorway A17. Between the "Neue Mensa" and the "Neuer Hoersaal" a bridge for pedestrians might be builty.

To the library see University Library and SLUB

Technisches Rathaus ("Technical city hall"),  Hamburger Straße, is located in the building of the former typewriter manufactory. For many decades the famous "Erika" typewriter was produced here. By 2010 was accomondates the department of City planning with a few of its offices ().

All offices are now in the WTC () or the building complex Robotron () moved. ().

Technologiezentrum, Gostritzer Straße,  bietet kleinen und mittelständischen Unternehmen günstige Bedingungen für die Ansiedlung an einem innovationsorientierten Standort in der Nähe von TU und anderen Forschungseinrichtungen.
Techno-Park Nord,  is a communal industrial estate on the upper part of the Königsbrücker Straße.
Teplitzer Straße,  Teplitzer Straße, part of the mostly 4-lane South-East-Radial (B172) towards Pirna and Sächsischer Schweiz.
Terrassengasse,  little lane between Hotel Hilton and Brühlscher Terrasse, collateral continuation of the "Pub-and Tourist Mile" Münzgasse.
Terrassenufer,  street underneath the Brühlschen Terrasse, at high Watermark always flooded, The road was originally created in 1820 (starting at the bridge "Augustusbruecke) as Cul de sac and from on it was called 1830 Appareille. In 1852 it was lenghtened towardsthe brigde "Carolabrücke" and the connecting lane was called "An der Elbe". From 1878 on the river bank was called the same and another year later the whole area was called "An der Elbe". There was a short spell of re-naming during the war but it carries this name ever since.

On the side of this road the entry to the very charming Pub "Radeberger Schankwirtschaft", which is also accessible through the "Brühlsche Terasse" and is almost leaning on to the City wall.

On the "Terassenufer" is also the landing stage for the steam ships of the "Sächsische Dampfschiffahrt".

Theater,  see special page Theatres
Theater Junge Generation wurde 1949 als "Theater für Kinder, Dresden, Deutsche Volksbühne" auf der Königsbrücker Straße in einem ehemaligen Volksvarieté eröffnet. 1950 zog das Theater in sein heutiges Domizil, die ehemalige Tanzgaststätte "Constantia" in Cotta und erhielt den Namen "Theater der Jungen Generation".

1977 brannte das Theater fast vollständig ab, konnte aber 1979 teilrekonstruiert wiedereröffnet werden. Der Zuschauerraum besitzt 400 Plätze.

Theaterkahn Theater- und Restaurantschiff am Ufer der Elbe neben der Augustusbrücke. 1994 wurde ein verrosteter und für den Schrott bestimmter Elbkahn umgebaut und beherbergt seitdem das 1988 gegründete Theater "Dresdner Brettl".
Theaterplatz,  on of the most beautiful places in Europe. The area around todays square was originally called Italien Village, "Italienisches Dörfchen", because the italien artists and builders which helped to built the cathedral Hofkirche lived here. After the housed were knoocked down and the Semperoper was built the place was named Theaterplazt since 1840. The name Italien Village remained for the area around the restaurant "Helbig´schen Restaurants" on the river Elbe, which was replaced in 1911-13 with the Restaurant "Italienisches Dörfchen". The surrounding buildings of the Gemäldegalerie, the Altstädter Wache and the Castle Stadtschloss gives the whole place its specila and impressive flair. In the middle stands the monument of the King Johann as a knight.
Therese-Malten-Villa 1893 im Stil der Neorenaissance von Bruno Müller für die Kammersängerin Therese Malten in Kleinzschachwitz, eigentlich auf der Flur von Zschieren, errichtet. Nach 1945 Vemietung an mehrere Familien, dennoch blieben die wertvollen Ausstattungsdetails im wesentlichen erhalten.

1997 wurde die Villa durch den Kunsthändler José Manuel Ladrón de Guevara liebevoll und aufwändig wieder hergerichtet. Seit 2004 bietet hier eine Dresdner Familie nach behutsamen Umbau vier Gästezimmer und ein Appartement an.

Theresienstraße,  street on the border to the Innere Neustadt (Inner New Town) along the old City Walls and lined with beautiful, after 1990 reconstructed old mansions. On the corner to the street Nieritzstraße is the hotel "Martha-Hospiz", behind the access to the Prisco-Passage.
Thomas-Müntzer-Platz,  a half-round place along the Käthe-Kollwitz-Ufers, surrounded with buildings, which were built around 1900, partly in Art-Nouveau style. Rather hidden and badly laid out is the access passage to the Housing estate Johanstadt-Nord, however some nice houses can be found next to the group of tower blocks near the river Elbe.
Thomaskirche 1891/02 von Christian Gottfried Schramm als neugotischer Verblendziegelbau im damals noch selbstständigen Gruna errichtet, erst 1908 erfolgte die Auspfarrung aus der Kreuzkirchgemeinde.
Das 1945 stark beschädigte Gebäude wurde als erste Dresdner Kirche 1950 wieder geweiht.
Tiergartenstraße,  south border of the park Großer Garten, with the Main entry to the Zoo, the church "Mormonenkirche" and the palais Carolaschlösschen.
Tolkewitz see special page Tolkewitz
Torna see special page Torna
Town Hall,  see Rathaus
Töpferstraße zwischen Hotel Hilton und der modern gehaltenen Nordseite des Quartiers an der Frauenkirche (QF) gelegene Straße mit noblen Geschäften, früher und vielfach auch heute Töpfergasse genannt.
Trachau siehe special page Trachau
Trachenberge siehe Sondertafel Trachenberge
Trachenberger Platzcentre of the district Pieschen-Nord, with many pubs, the department store "Mälzerei", the tram depot "Trachenberger Straße" and a block of office buildings of a former factory (Eschebachsche Werke).
Trick Fountains,  see special page fountains and wells
Trinitatisfriedhof,  after plans of the architect Gottlob Friedrich Thormeyer since 1815 laid out as a cemetery.

Many victims of the revolution in 1848 are buried here along some famous Dresden prominent's:

Trinitatiskirche,  built in 1891/94 by Karl Barth in the Neo-Renaissance style and in use of the Trinitatis-congregation which exists since 1888. It is one of the few remaining ruins of the Second World War, some others were taken down in the time of Walter Ulbricht. Since the reconstruction of the church "Frauenkirche" will be completed soon thoughts have been expressed to keep the remains of this church as they are in remembrance of the tragic events of the Dresden-bombing in February 1945. Parts of the cellar and the side buildings are being used for services and other activities of the congregation.

Die Trinitatiskirchgemeinde entstand 1887/88 wegen der gestiegenen Mitgliederzahlen durch Ausgliederung aus der Johanniskirchgemeinde.
2000 fusionierte sie mit der Erlöser-Andreas-Gemeinde unter dem Namen Johanneskirchgemeinde Dresden-Johannstadt-Striesen.

Trümmerfrau sculpture in front of the ball room of the City Hall in remembrance of all women who helped to clear Dresden of debris in the first year after the war. Because of the men-shortage after the war, it was mainly women who carried out this work. The 1952 by Walter Reinhold in cast iron created statue was replaced in 1967 by a bronze casting.
TU-Viertel das Universitätsviertel mit dem eigentlichen Campus der TU verteilt sich auf die benachbarten Stadtteile Südvorstadt und Räcknitz.
Türckische Cammer Sammlung orientalischer Kunst in der kurfürstlich-sächsischen Rüstkammer im Residenzschloss.
Sie ist kein selbstständiges Museum, sondern eröffnete am 07.03.2010 im Schloss als erster Teil der schrittweise dorthin zurückkehrenden Rüstkammer. Die neue Dauerausstellung präsentiert auf 750 m˛ im zweiten Obergeschoss circa 600 orientalische und orientalisierende Objekte.
Türkenbrunnen,  also called "Friedensbrunnen" (fountain of peace), was built in 1650 and is located on the Neumarkt, since 1866, near Jüdenhof.