Narrenhäuschen (little fool house),  see Neustädter Markt
Naußlitz see special page Naußlitz
Naußlitz centre,  built in 1899/1900 by {Edmund Körner} as a tram station Naußlitz, 1945 severely damaged and rebuilt it. Until 1994, he was as a depot for trams, up to the task in 1996 only used for buses.
2004/05 this was an attractive shopping center. The brick facade to the street Koblenz remained on the roof was a parking deck. The former administration building was renovated in Art Nouveau monument.

Am 09.06.2005 eröffnete in der ehemaligen Straßenbahnhalle ein Kaufland, bis Herbst 2005 wird das frühere Verwaltungsgebäude Läden, Büros und Wohnungen aufnehmen.

Neptunbrunnen,  a baroque style fountain that was built in 1744-46 by Lorenzo Matielli in the garden of the Marcolinipalais. It was known to be the most beautiful and biggest fountain of Dresden and survived all destruction around. However, today it is placed at a rather insignificant location on one side of the hospital Krankenhaus Friedrichstadt. On top of a rock stands Neptune in a carriage of shells, swinging his trident with Amphitrite by his side.
Neu-Leuteritz see special page Ortschaft Cossebaude
Neudorf,  historical name of a settlement which developed around 1550 in what is today called minor exchange Pieschen (exactly Pieschen-South), from which later the Leipziger Vorstadt developed, which belongs mainly to the minor exchange Neustadt.
Neue Messe,  see Messe Dresden
Neue Synagoge,  see Synagogue
Neuer Annenfriedhof,  cemetery on the street Kesselsdorfer Straße, , extensions to the cemetery Alter Annenfriedhof on the street Chemnitzer Straße.
Neuer Israelitischer Friedhof der auch Neuer Jüdischer Friedhof genannte Begräbnisort in Johannstadt ist mit einer Fläche von ca. 30.000 m² der größte Sachsens. Auf dem auch heute noch genutzten Friedhof befinden sich über 2.560 Grabstellen.

1862 forderte die Stadt Dresden, den Alten Jüdischen Friedhof in der heutigen Äußeren Neustadt wegen der inzwischen dichten Wohnbebauung um ihn herum zu schließen. Die jüdische Gemeinde erwarb deshalb 1864 ein Grundstück in der Johannstadt für eine neue Anlage. Um 1866 wurde hier die erste Friedhofshalle errichtet, dem 1867 gegründeten Friedhof brachte der 13.02.1945 schwere Beschädigungen. Die wiederaufgabuate Trauerhalle diente 1950 bis 2001 als Synagoge.

Neuer Katholischer Friedhof,  cemetery on the street Bremer Straße, extensions to the cemetery Alter Katholischer Friedhof on the street Friedrichstraße
Neues Rathaus / New City Hall,  see Rathaus (city hall)
Neumarkt,  historically parts of the New Marked developed out of the slavic settlement around the oldest church Frauenkirche which was located in the margravely town of Dresden. Only in the 16th century the area was included in the new circle of the city wall. It was mainly influenced by the baroque period and captured in paintings of Canaletto, the painter and drawer of the Saxonian king August des Starken (The Strong). A few buildings were famous hotels (Stadt Rom, British Hotel, Hotel de Saxe, Stadt Berlin) and are, besides other buildings, like the Dinglinger house [1.] right next to the Jüdenhof and are parts of a master plan to reconstruct the area. The only original and preserved building on place is, besides the church with its original fragments and still under reconstruction, the Johanneum with the "Museum of transport".

Einziges erhaltenes altes Bauwerk am Neumarkt ist (neben der einige Originalteile enthaltenden wiederaufgebauten Frauenkirche) das Johanneum mit dem Verkehrsmuseum.

The New Marked used to be one ogf the most important places in the Old Town but since its destruction in 1945 it lost most of its significance because it was not rebuilt to at least one half of its previous standard, opposed to the Old Marked.

In the mid 1980's it was brought back to life because of the Peace demonstration held on the ruins of the "Frauenkirche" in rememberance of the bombings on the 13th of February 1945. Also, first plans were made to reconstruct.

Since the Change the square took centre stage owing to excavations and some, rather destructive discussions regarding the reconstruction. One of the issues was the amount of historical main buildings to be "brought back to life" and how many new buildings would be required, since there had been a considerable amount of "2nd class buildings" in the area as well before the war been.

The "Society Historical New Market Dresden e.V." [GHND] () in pleading and fighting for a compltete original building development, City planners, investors and some architects have quite controversial visions for new buildings.The opponents of modern building are now pointing towards the rather dissapointing modern extension of the Coselpalais and want to avoid failures like that in the future.

Die GHND realisierte 2005/10 den Wiederaufbau des Hauses Rampische Straße Nr. 29.

In the autum of 2002 a competition was held for architects to design the area between the hotel Hilton and the New Market, the so called quarter on the church Frauenkirche, short called QF. For the other quarters, in particular II and IV, were planning ahead and immediately dug the pits. The old radicals Keller had to make way while in all cases, a contemporary new construction.

On the 4th of April 2003 the Dresden-people celebrated the beginning of the rehabilitation of the New Market area. On this day the digging works started for the large underground car park under the square.

Recent archaeological findings near the "Frauentorbrücke" were again endangering the construction of the underground car park and with it the reconstruction of the New Marked.
The necessity to preserve all findings around the Frauentor are making a comercial use of the underground car park virtually impossible, according to the constructors. But its built is a condition to ensure modern usage of the planned new buildings (even the reconstruction of the main buildings would be equivalent to a new built).

In the meantime a compromise might be reached, considering the requirements of the preservation of monuments and historic buildings and the new developments.

On the same day was also the renovated Lutherdenkmal up again.

In den Jahren 2005 bis 2008 wurden neben dem kompletten Quartier I die dem Neumarkt zugewandten Teile der Quartiere II, III und IV fertiggestellt. Darüber hinaus wurde der Rohbau der Schützresidenz im Quartier V errichtet.

Die Fläche des früheren Gewandhauses hingegen bleibt nach dem Stadtratsbeschluss vom April 2008 für 10 Jahre unbebaut, womit leider noch keine klare Aussage zur Wiedererrichtung der dahinterliegenden historischen Platzfront ("Sempersche Ladenfront") des Quartieres VI getroffen wurde. (Quartiere I-VI)

Neunimptsch see special page Roßthal
Neuostra,  part of the boundary Leubnitz-Neuostra. Neuostra emerged according to plans in 1568 as a village of alleys on the grounds of the abbey, built by resettlers from Ostra in what is today the socalled Friedrichstadt, see also Ostragehege.
Neustadt,  minor exchange, boundary and generic term for two of Dresden's most interesting districts, which join together along the line Antonstraße - Albertplatz - Bautzner Straße:

1. Innere Neustadt (Inner New Town, southern) and
2. Äußere Neustadt (Outward New Town, northern of this street)

Neustädter Bahnhof (station),  see Bahnhof Neustadt
Neustädter Markt,  nothing remains of all buildings of this old market place in the New Town, including its City Hall (Rathaus). Even the shape of the square was changed. It used to be layed out North-South to West-East. This are the results of the large street Köpckestraße, which required a pedestrian tunnel to garantie save road crossing. On the tunnels South entry is a very interesting sand-stone historical relief of the New Town. Also two restaurant garden ensure the square's livelyhood, which are very popular because of the grandious view towards the silhouette of the Old town.

In the middle of the square the most famous sculpture of the "Goldener Reiter" (golden horsemann) and on the crossing to the Hauptstraße are 2 fountains by the sculpturer Benjamin Thomae which stood originaly from 1742 until 1945 on the angular corners of the nearby corner building. Also of interest are the 2 flag poles on the entry to the street Hauptstrasse and a statue of the court jester Fröhlich by Heinrich Apel on the grounds of the famous restaurant "Narrenhäuschen" which was destroyed in 1945. On the other side of the bridgehead is the Blockhouse.

Auf dem Neustädter Markt und der angrenzenden Hauptstraße finden auch heute noch Volksfeste und Spezialmärkte statt.

Neustädter Markthalle ,  built in 1899 by Edmund Bräter as one of the large market halls on the grounds of the in 1896 destroyed Infanterie baracks. In the head building, which does no longer belong and facing the Hauptstraße, the market hall inspection was located. The design of the back in its original style looks like it does thanks to the reconstruction of the block house in 1984, a gable (Fonton) had become unnecessary and was re-used on the new eastern front of the building which used to belong to a in 1945 burnt down building. After extensive reconstruction was the reopening of "probably the most beautiful market hall in Germany" on the 28th of November 2000. The two floor building contains several places of culinary delight and appropriately a Fitness-centre.

First fully automatic multi-storey car park in Dresden opened
Seit 10.12.2004 steht den Besuchern der Markthalle und der Hauptstraße ein von der WOBA Dresden () errichtetes vollautomatisches Parkhaus zur Verfügung.

Neustädter Rathaus the City Hall that was spared from the big 1685's fire was destroyed in 1750 and rebuilt in 1750-54 in baroque styl according to the plans of J.G. Fehre on the North-West corner of the Neustädter Markt. It was destroyed again in 1945 and only the vaults remain which were in the 1980's home of the famous wine cellar "Meißner Weinkeller" and until august 2002 the restaurant "Silberstollen". Above is the WBS-70-block (flats) with integrated shops. The corner building, which is already empty, will be replaced by a new building, the bordering wings have already be restored.
New ...,  see Neu ...
Nickern see special page Nickern
Niedergohlis see Sspecial page Ortschaft Cossebaude
Niederpoyritz see special page Niederpoyritz
Niedersedlitz see special page Niedersedlitz
Niederwartha see special page Ortschaft Cossebaude
Nieritzstraße,  street built in "Biedermeier" style on the grounds of the former fortress and connecting on to the remains of the baroque style buildingss of the Inner New Town (Königsstraße). It is especially in this area visible how the re-built is progressing, different styles are mixed: medieval remains redesigned in baroque style with leftovers of the renaissance and closed up "Biedermeier" developments and classicistic mansions-all together on the grounds of the former fortress, also some Wilhelminien style buildings.
Nordbad die Grundsteinlegung des früheren Germania-Bades erfolgte 1884. Mit dem Schwimmbecken, den Wannebädern und den Russischen Dampfbädern galt es seinerzeit als sehr modern. 1922 wurde es in ein städtisches Volksbad umgewandelt. Ab 1949 Nordbad genannt, verfiel es nach Schließung einzelner Abteilungen in den 1970er Jahren immer mehr. 1993/96 wurde es durch die STESAD denkmalgerecht saniert und steht seit 1997 der Öffentlichkeit wieder zur Verfügung.
Nordfriedhof,  little cemetery on the south-western corner of the forest called Dresdner Heide, next to it a soviet (russian) soldiers cemetery.
Nossener Brücke,  part of the so-called West tangent of the connection point New Town of the A4 to the road Dohnaer Straße (B172). Whilst the bridge crossed the Zwickauer Straße and the Fabrikstraße on the same level before it was destroyed during the war, the post war construction is raised above and leads over head these roads.
Notrufe / Important calls,
Nürnberger Ei,  egged-shaped extension of the road Nürnberger Straße and centre piece of the western Südvorstadt. It is a small City centre that suffers from traffic congestion , lack of parking spaces and other problems. All these factors lead in the past year to the closure of several traditional shops as well as some restaurants that had jsust opened after the Change. The eastern part of the square is still dominated by buildings in art nouveau style, the blocks of flats and shops on the western side were built in the 1960's. The local restaurant "Nürnberger Ei" was replaced in 1994-96 by an egg-shaped apartment-and office building, designed by the architects Burggraf and Dähne ersetzt.

An association () takes care of promoting this tradtional part of the town.

Nürnberger Straße,  main road of the western Südvorstadt, part of the western tangent from the bridge Nossener Brücke to the square Fritz-Foerster-Platz. (B170 in the future). Especially in the area Nürnberger Ei and Budapester Straße very critical because on the North end, set back from the street but close enough a nice couple of blocks of flats, dating back to the first period of rebuilt after the war. The blocks, which were rebuilt in 1953/54 under guidence of master architect Alfred Palitz were restored in the past years by its owner, the company "Südost-Woba", special emphasis was applied to the court yards, which were designed beautifully.
Nymphenbad / Bath of the Nymphs Brunnenanlage im Festungswall des Zwingers, hinter dem französischen Pavillon. Das von Balthasar Permoser mitgestaltete Wasserkunstwerk gehört zu den schönsten barocken Brunnenanlagen. Das Wasser im Nymphenbad läuft aus einem Brunnen, der sich oben auf dem Wall befindet, über einen gestuften, künstlichen Wasserfall und wird in einem Becken aufgefangen.

Die Nymphenfiguren auf der linken Seite und die Wasser speienden Delphine gehen noch auf Permoser zurück. Die Figuren auf der rechten Seite hingegen stammen aus der Zeit der Zwingerrestaurierung in den 1920/30er Jahren.

Nymphenbrunnen / Nymph Fountain

created in 1908 by Bruno Fischer of white marble, stand in the park Bürgerwiese.