Industriegelände,  partially fallow industrial area in the Northern part of the Albertstadt, today used for Disco's and other events. Besonders auf der unter Insidern immer noch Straße E genannten Meile (offiziell heißt sie inzwischen Werner-Hartman-Straße) ) reihen sich diverse Clubs aneinander.

Since 1999 the industrial estate is being gradually reorganized to secure and create jobs on this traditional trading place. An diesem Planungsziel ist auch die bisherige Förderpolitik ausgerichtet, weshalb die Stadtverwaltung die langsame Wandlung zum alternativen Kulturstandort mit gemischten Gefühlen betrachten muss. Die Geschäftsbereiche Kultur und Wirtschaft haben sich Anfang 2005 darauf geeinigt, "mit diesem Pfund mehr zu wuchern".

Der Bauinteressierte findet hier aber auch Dutzende Beispiele aus rund 100 Jahren teils anspruchsvoller Industriearchitektur, darunter etliche Backsteingebäude.

Besonders bemerkenswert ist das 1918 errichtete Heizkraftwerk Nord der DREWAG.

Architectural high point of the quarter is new main building of the chamber of trade.

Industrie- und Handelskammer, Chamber of Industry and Commerce,  the new head quarter IHK Dresden on the border of Prohlis (Langer Weg 4) was completed in 2002 after plans of the planning office "Baucon Bauplanung GmbH Dresden".
Infineon Technologies Dresden,  one of the most important large settlements in Dresden after "the change".
The in Klotzsche located ultramodern semiconductor factory lain serves the manufacturing of memory chips, logic components on the basis of 200-mm and 300-mm-Siliziumscheiben (wafer) as well as the research and development activity. Commencement of construction for the 200-mm-Werk was June 1994, commencement of production in October 1995. In May 2000 the building work started for the 300-mm-Werk, which took up production in December 2001. Infineon employs approx. 5400 workers from 31 nations [source of January 2004] in Dresden.

Ausgliederung der Speichersparte
Infineon hat seinen Geschäftsbereich Speicherprodukte zum 01.05.2006 unter dem Namen Qimonda AG in ein neues Unternehmen ausgegliedert. Es gehört zunächst vollständig zu Infineon, wird aber später an die Börse gehen.
Dresden behält auch künftig die Funktion als unternehmensweit führendes F&E-Zentrum.

Infineon musste 2008 Insolvenz anmelden und wurde im gleichen Jahr "abgewickelt", die gesamten Anlagen dabei "verscherbelt".

Innere Altstadt district, see special page Innere Altstadt
Innere Neustadt district, see special page Innere Neustadt
Innerer Katholischer Friedhof siehe Alter Kathol. Friedhof
Innerer Neustädter Friedhof
International School,  see Dresden International School
International Congress Center Dresden (ICCD),  the official name is International Congress Center Dresden. The new builting located behind the parliament building and the so called Erlweinspeicher.

The first price of an realization competition to the congress center "new terrace" went to the architect's office Storch, Ehlers and partner. The building of steel and glass close to the river Elbe and the historical city centre inserts itself into the townscape and improves the infrastructure of the state capital.

The congress centre has a large hall with 1324 places, 5 further halls with between 337 and 613 places as well as altogether 7 seminar areas between 33 and 118 places. By connecting the halls 1 to 5 the large hall can be extended to altogether 4147 places.

The first cut of the spade took place in 2001, the finished complex was officially opened on the 26th of May 2004 with a ceremony. Operator and tenant is the maritime group.

Italienisches Dörfchen,  "Italian village", restaurant built in 1911-13 by Hans Erlwein. The name reminds of the little houses built during the construction of the church Hofkirche for the inbvolved italian artists and builders. Before this another, more down to earth restaurant existed here called Helbig´schen Restaurant.

The building burnt out in 1945, was rebuilt in 1957. After 1977 it predominantly served the building worker supply of castle and Semper opera and degenerated increasingly. In 1992/94 the building called "ID" was comprehensively reorganized and re-opened in 1994 in old glory.

To Italian village added is the small Mediterranean Restaurant "bastion Palace" on the other side of the road and the restaurant behind the Semper Opera.