Inner New Town, Quarter in the boundary and in the administrative district  Ortsamt Neustadt, this quarter forms the "statistical district" 13 Innere Neustadt. The quarter is besides the Inner Old Town the second gamete of Dresden and after the today's concerning town construction meaning the probably second important quarter.

To the "statistic district" Inner New Town belongs today still another with suburban and period of promoterism houses more cultivated "wedge" between Elbe and Bautzner Straße.

History
In the area of today's Inner New Town was originally a slavic fishing village, which changed itself gradually into a German field citizen settlement. In 1350 were documentary mentioned for the first time the place as Old Dresden ("Antiqua Dressdin"). The settlement firstly developing as an independent municipality received in 1403 municipal law, in 1549 the combination with the "Residenzstadt" Dresden on the other Elb side took place. In 1685 destroyed a major fire nearly the entire Old Dresden, which in was again established after plans of W.C. Klengel in the 18th century as a new king city (Neue Königsstadt) with baroque splendour roads and buildings.

After the demolition of the fortress walls starting from 1809, a green belt surrounding baroque core with classicistic mansions developed, which is still very well preserved.

Of the baroque land development remained that west the main street conveniently situated part (excluded the city hall [Rathaus] and the Große Meißner Straße)) predominantly spared in 1945, while the eastern part was totally destroyed.

Public transport - then and now
The inner new town was and is still well developed with lines of the public transport (ÖPNV), however since the end of the 1970's there is no line anymore on the main road and junction through the road Heinrichstraße. The boulevard and the baroque quarter are however well accessible via the squares Albertplatz, Neustädter Markt and Palaisplatz. The borough is bordered by the so-called 26-Ring with several tram lines, however a number 26, which gave the ring its name does no longer exist.

Building development and living
In the Inner Old Town the structural town development is still well readable in contrast to the old part of town. The preserved western and in the meantime affectionately reorganized part of the baroque city, closed rows of houses from the Biedermeier period and classicistic mansions follow, while in the eastern, war-destroyed part first (refrained from the shop porches on the main street) a disk accomodation unit developed which is however reorganized since the Change, partially "price-suspiciously". Here is also the avant-garde however disputed "Liebeskindbau" to be inserted. Eastern of these witnesses of "material-socialist" town construction the area of government administration with its salient Ministerial buildings (
Ministerialgebäuden) is located at the river Elbe. Still east in the above mentioned "wedge" crowed suburban and period of promoterism houses as well as war-caused gap closing buildings of the 1960's ("AWG living barns") and 1990's (office and firms). Here are also the rose garden (Rosengarten) and the deaconess hospital Diakonissenkrankenhaus.

Kirchen & Religionsgemeinschaften
In Innere Neustadt is the historical and contemporary historical significant church Dreikönigskirche.

Culture and recreation
In this district is the
Societätstheatre situated and the church Dreikönigskirche, which is also used for special events. The receational value of this districts lies in its close raange to the river Elbe with its meadows and connection park areas but also because of its many restaurants and pubs.

Shopping and Dining
Main shopping street is the
Hauptstraße, with its Market hall (Neustädter Markthalle). Across in the baroque houses number 9 to 19 are the in September 2002 opened Kunsthandwerkerpassagen. Around the roads Königstraße, Rähnitzgasse and the surrounding littles lanes and passages (p.e. Prisco-Passage) are many restaurants and posh special shops, some chambers, foundations (p.e. Friedrich-Ebert-foundation) and offices of the Media (p.e. ZDF) has got an "exclusive address" here.

The Inner New Town is one of the quarters with the highest catering trade density in Dresden. Thus the visitor finds here beside posher restaurants like e.g. "Kö 5" and "Drachen" some nationality restaurants (Czech, Russian, French, Italian, American, Japanese) also rustic taverns, wine bars and Pubs.

learning
In historical western part of the Inner New Town there are no schools, in the eastern part however per an elementary school and the Romain Rolland High School. The nearest school "Mittelschule" is located in the
Äußeren Neustadt.

Working
Largest employer are the
Ministries of the Free State Saxonia as well as the innumerable trading and catering enterprises. Besides many chambers, practices, agencies and other offices are settled here.


Internet