UFA-Cinema,  see Kristallpalast (crystal palace) and Rundkino
Übigau see special page Übigau
Ullersdorf district of the City of Radeberg.
Ullersdorf Mill,  a cosy jaunt tavern with attached hotel built in 1903 between Bühlau and Ullersdorf at the border of the forest called Dresdner Heide.
In common parlance the mill is also called "Todenmühle".
Ullersdorfer Platz,  Ullersdorfer Platz, part of the local district centre and of local significance Bühlau, is a round plaza with a Tram junction. On the place is also the remaining front of the former Kurhaus Bühlau.
Umgebung der Stadt/Surroundings of the town,
see Ausflugsziele/Attractions und Neighboring towns
Umweltzentrum (ecological centre),  Schützengasse, this and the joining buildings form the scenery of a urban area of the 16th Century in Dresden. The complex, which was extensively (and expensively) restored but was flooded in 2002 by the Weißeritz, von den immensen Schäden ist aber nichts mehr zu sehen.

In the front building, dating back to 1650 is the popolar "Restaurant & Kneipe BrennNessel" situated. ().

Universitätsbibliothek,  in 1828 founded as library of the royal-Saxonian educational establishment. When the later polytechnic institute moves including library into a new building, it acquires a reading hall for the first time. In 1945 destruction of the by now names university library and partial loss of assets, in November new beginning with 55.000 saved volumes in some rooms of the mansion in the road Mommsenstrasse 11, approximately a 50-year long interim solution despite cultivation and use of some branch offices.

In 1996 the fusion with the Saxonian federal state library to the SLUB came into force by law, in 2002 the removal into the common new building on the road Zellescher Weg took place.

Universitätsklinikum,  University Hospital, was built in 1898-1901 by Edmund Bräter as "Städtisches Krankenhaus Johannstadt" (a hospital), in 1930 the newly built (by Paul Wolf) children's hospital housed the worldwide first "Baby Clinic" and until 1938 more clinic buildings were errected.

In 1945 parts of the Clinic were destroyed, in 1952 a refurbishment took place and the 1907 by Hans Erlwein built König-Georg-Gymnasium (a school) integrated, in 1956 more add-on's followed.

The Medizinische Akademie Carl Gustav Carus (called Medak ) was founded in 1954 and joined in 1993 as Medical Faculty and University Hospital the Technische Universität Dresden (University). More building work and extension work followed, e.g. the building of the Heart Centre.

Since the 1st of July 1999 the University Hospital () and Medical Faculty () are governed seperately. The Clinic is now an institution governed under public law by des Freistaat Sachsen.

Am Randes des Campusgeländes befindet sich der Neubau des Medizinisch-Theoretischen Zentrums, in welchem eine Reihe von Instituten der Medizischen Fakultät untergebracht sind.
Es entstand 1997-2000 nach Plänen von Thomas Heinle und gliedert sich in drei Teile: eine zentral gelegene lichtdurchflutete Halle, der sich westlich davon befindliche Lehrbereich sowie der sich östlich schließende u-förmige Forschungsbereich.

Unkersdorf,  see special page Ortschaft Gompitz
Urnenhain Tolkewitzentstand 1911 mit dem Bau des heute unter Denkmalschutz stehenden Krematoriums auf einem Waldstück rund um dieses Gebäude im damals noch selbstständigen Tolkewitz.

Der Urnenhain ist ein Kulturdenkmal mit geschichtlicher, künstlerischer und landschaftsgestaltender Bedeutung. Es handelt sich dabei um eine eindrucksvolle Gesamtanlage von Urnenhain und Krematorium, deren Ursprung auf dem Entwurf des Gartenarchitekten Willy Meyer basiert.