Jägerhof,  hunter court, founded in 1568-1617 on the grounds of the in 1404 founded and in 1546 demolished abbey of the Augustinian monks. Of the original 4 wing building in renaissance-style only the west wing remained, which accomodates since 1913 the "Museum of folklore/traditional art" (see also special page museums).

From May 2005 is also the puppet theater collection in Jägerhof to see.

Jakobikirche 1898/1901 nach Plänen von Jürgen Kröger im neoromanischen Stil für die 1884 von der Annenkirchgemeinde abgespaltene Jakobigemeinde errichtet. Das imposante Gotteshaus am Wettiner Platz mit 1.300 Plätzen und einer Gesamthöhe von 78,5 m wurde 1945 zerstört und später abgerissen, der Ort ist bis heute unbebaut.
Japanisches Palais,  Japanese palais, built in 1727-37 by Matthäus Pöppelmann, 4 wing building with oriental influence. The previous building from 1715, called the Dutch Palais, after the Dutch ambassador residing in it, was partially included in the new building (stairs in the South wing, side wing torn down and moved). Since 1782 it was used by the public for libraries and collections, in 1836 alteration of the antique halls by Gottfried Semper. In 1945 it was destroyed and since its rebuilt in 1946 is used as County Museum of prehistory and as Museum of ethnology as well as usage by different special exhibitions.
Johann-Meyer-Häuser einstöckige, meist als Doppelhäuser errichtete, freistehende Gebäude am Beginn des Stadtviertels Oberer Hecht.

Sie entstanden 1873-76 nach Plänen von Carl Lisske als Kleinwohnungen für die unteren Bevölkerungsschichten. Die sparsam mit Rosetten verzierten Häuser sind mit einem umlaufenden Gesims gegliedert.

Obwohl anschließend zunächst der Massenwohungsbau mit seinen dunklen Hinterhöfen folgte, kann man diese Gebäude mit ihrem kleinen Gartenbereich als Vorläufer der späteren Gartenstadtbewegung betrachten. Ein Teil der Johann-Meyer-Häuser wurde 1945 zerstört.

Johanneum (Stallhof),  built in 1586-91 by Paul Buchner and Hans Irmisch as stables of the elector's court, a few gates of this renaissance building could be preserved.
In 1729-31 alteration for the Royal art collection, in 1744-46 and 1872-76 more reconstruction and inn 1945 destroyed. Sionce the rebuilt in 1950 the Museum of transport () is accomodated here.

On the left hand of the main front stood until 2003 one of the most significant gates of the German Renaissance. It used to be a part of an old castle chapel, created by Hans Walter II in 1555-58. The gate is being restored at present andwill be inserted again at the earlier location in the castle. [18]

Johannisfriedhof,  one of Dresden's largest cemeteries, created 1881 as cemetery of the churches Kreuzkirche, Frauenkirche and Johanniskirche. Here lie buried inter alia significant former mayor, architects, artists and other personalities.

The crematory on the neighbouring Urnenhain was built in 1911.

Johanniskirche 1874-78 von Gotthilf Ludwig Möckel im neugotischen Stil an der Striesener Straße errichtet. Der einschiffige Bau mit Querschiff und an dieses südlich angesetztem Turm wurde 1945 zerstört, der noch intakte Kirchturm 1954 (andere Quelle: 1952) gesprengt.
Johannstadt see Special page Johannstadt
Johannstraße,  see Wilsdruffer Straße
Junge Heide kleineres Heidegebiet im Nordwesten der Stadt, von der Dresdner Heide durch den meist unbewaldeten Heller bzw. die Hellerberge abgetrennt. Inmitten dieses Waldstückes befindet sich der Heidefriedhof.
Juwel an der Frauenkirche Eigenbezeichnung für das von der Baywobau direkt am Neumarkt errichtete Teilstück vom
Quartier III.
Jüdenhof,  first mentioned in 1416, little square that borders on the square New Market with which is was joined by the Nazi's owing its name. In 1991 it was renamesd to its original one.
On the square are the Johanneum with the Museum of transport and the fountain called Türkenbrunnen (Turkish fountain). On the square Jüdenhof stood also the baroque Dinglinger house [2.], which was destroyed in 1945 and it will be rebuild as one of the main buildings during the New Market reconstruction project.